Do you remember how it felt to believe that anything was possible?
Fight the urge to brush past that question as if it is one you think about everyday because most people don’t. So let me pose the question again. Do you remember how it felt to believe that anything was possible? Think back to a time in your life when delusional optimism was the norm. Take yourself back to the place when you believed that anything was possible. Think back to when you believed as we teach our children that anything was possible. Now ask yourself, what happened?
The Gallup Organization has been researching the impact of human behavior on the economy for decades. According to an article written by Steve Crabtree and Gallup’s 142-country study on the State of the Global Workplace, “Only 13% of employees worldwide are engaged at work.” They said that about 20% of American employees are so disengaged at their job that they actively spread discontent throughout the workplace. Add that to the 50% of other employees who are just there getting a paycheck, living for the weekend, and doing just enough not to be fired. All together you have a whopping 70% of the American workforce that’s not engaged. Does any of this sound familiar? Continue reading “PASSION: What it Means to Live Life at 212°”